Monday, June 25, 2012

Send me!





Isaiah 6:8


8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"



I have almost always known I was going to live a simple life, it was just ingrained in me since I was a kid. My mom will tell you that I used to say to her, "I want to live on an island and live off the land." Later that turned into, "I want to live in a van and just travel." Now it's, I want to be a missionary overseas ministering to those in poverty. It's my dream! This is the person that God had made me and I love it! I kind of grew up in Guam, spent a little over two months working with the homeless in Waco, Texas, and I spent a semester of college in Mexico learning Spanish. I'm going to South Africa for a month in 4 days! This will be my first "real" overseas mission.


I don't know what I'll be doing there, but it really doesn't matter as long as God is getting the glory. It's a exposure trip to the World Race. The World Race* is a 11 month trip and the missionaries go to 11 different countries. So while, the World Race team (Genuine) will be in South Africa for the month I'm joining them! And yes, I want to do the World Race after I graduate college Spring 2013.


So I'm wait, wait, waiting to leave to South Africa. I'm ready to pounce on this opportunity that God has given me! It's so hard to wait it out a month while a lot of my friends have left to their fields. I keep reading these blogs and ask, why am I not out there yet? How come I couldn't have gone for the WHOLE summer?


But, how could I ask such a question to THE ALL KNOWING GOD?! I had to do so much paperwork and other random things to get done to go on this month trip, I couldn't have got it all done without this month to wait. I've had time to read about where I am going, the history, documentaries, prayer and just so many other things! Duh, Tonisha! You weren't just waiting, God was preparing! 


Now, here I am 4 days before I leave, to start this journey...but there I go again! God started me on this journey when He knitted me in my mother's womb! I can't wait to see what God is going to show me in South Africa! 


I'm excited!!!


Prayer is appreciated! :)




*Here is the World Race website: 
http://www.theworldrace.org/


And my team's blog, Genuine is:
http://www.theworldrace.org/?tab=blogs&pteamname=genuine

No comments:

Post a Comment